Selling your car is one way to make money off your car. However, it is not the most effective or sustaining way to create an income. Instead, you should use your car as an asset and a way of making a long-term income. Consider employment with the following companies in order to make your car work for you:
The motto of DoorDash, also known as simply “Dash”, is “your schedule, your rules.” The company employs drivers and provides either short-term monetary support in order for you to meet a financial goal or long-term employment opportunities if you want to keep delivering for Dash. At Dash, you will enjoy both flexibility and financial stability, allowing you to meet your financial goals on your schedule. As a driver for DoorDash, you will be known as a “Dasher” and your job will be to pick up orders for restaurants and then deliver said items to customer’s homes.
Steps To Sign up For DoorDash
- Get Activated: Give DoorDash your information and allow them to do a background check and get on your way.
- Get Ready: Download the iOS or Android app DoorDash app.
- Get Paid: Activate the app, accept an order and start making some money.
Dasher Requirements And/or Restrictions
In order to be a Dasher, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have either an Android or iPhone smartphone.
- Have a valid driver’s license, insurance and a clean driving record.
DoorDash provides up to $100,000,000 of commercial auto insurance. You can use scooters, bikes, motorcycles or your car to deliver for DoorDash.
Get paid weekly by becoming an independent contractor through Uber. All you have to do is provide rides for those needing a lift in and around your town. You are your own boss and can work as little or as much as you desire. Becoming an Uber driver is ideal if you want a job that operates outside of the traditional 9-5 hours.
Uber Driver Requirements and/or Restrictions
You must be able to meet the following requirements to be employed as an Uber driver:
- Be at least 21-years of age or older. (age requirement goes up to 23 in some cities.)
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Have either a 4-door minivan, truck or car.
- Have valid insurance on your vehicle.
- Be able to pass a thorough criminal background check.
Lyft is another driving service similar to Uber. They do have a few variations, although you will still be transporting people from one location to another using your vehicle. Lyft utilizing Express Pay, which means you cash out your current earnings at any time. They also encourage passengers to tip you and offer you discounts on vehicle maintenance and fuel along with featuring a diver rewards program.
Lyft Driver Requirements And/or Restrictions
To become a Lyft driver, you will have to meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be able to pass a background check and a free online DMV check.
- Have and be able to use either an Android or iPhone smartphone.
- Have a valid driver’s license you have had for at least a year.
- Be able to provide proof of insurance and have your car inspected.
- Have a vehicle with four doors and provide from five to eight seats (counting the driver.)
Postmates is the industry’s largest on-demand network. Customers can get groceries, alcohol, anything and everything picked up and delivered through Postmates. At Postmates, there are no fees, meaning you keep 100% of what you earn with each and every delivery. You earn money on your own schedule and enjoy free weekly deposits and instantly accessible cash.
The above companies are just a few ways you can successfully use your car as a way to create either temporary (if you desire) or long-term sustainable income.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to participate on a site, we may earn a commission. Thank you for your support. We use any revenue generated to maintain valuable content that supports your earning potential.